Training and Qualifications:
- Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative Model)
- CPCAB Certificates in Counselling Skills and Studies
- Studying BSc (Hons) Psychology
- Registered with the BACP (046202) and I hold their Certificate of Proficiency
- SWADS (Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drug Service) Training
- Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service – previously CRB) checked
- Off The Record – LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans) Training Programme
- Safeguarding training
- Private Practice Counsellor working with adults 18+
- Volunteer Youth Counsellor with Off the Record, Bath
- Addictions Counsellor with SWADS (Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drug Agency)
- Telephone Counsellor with Mothers for Mothers (Postnatal Depression)
- Administrator for Relate Avon (Relationship Counselling)
I am a fully qualified, BACP registered and insured therapeutic counsellor. I have been counselling clients since 2009 and I trained for four years, however, counsellors continually update their skills and knowledge by means of CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
I have counselled children as young as 11 and my oldest client to date has been in their 80’s. There is no maximum age limit! Please note, I only work with adults 18+ within my private work.
I work with clients from the general public along with GP referrals, university students and have recently started working in the area of HSP (Highly Sensitive People). If you feel you may be HSP but are unsure, please feel free to contact me.
I can offer counselling on a short term (6-20 weeks) or longer, open-ended basis, depending on your needs. I try to be as flexible as possible however, counselling does require a weekly commitment from you. I offer both indoor and ‘Walk & Talk’ outdoor therapy sessions.
Some people really struggle to ‘talk’ about their problems and this can lead to feelings of counselling not being right for them. However, I understand it can be difficult, especially in the early stages when trust is building. As a supportive therapist I will work at your pace and offer encouragement step by step.
I welcome all clients to my practice which is based in a confidential and comfortable room within a short distance from Bath city centre. Walk and Talk sessions are held in various locations, please enquire.
Some of the areas of counselling I deal with:
- Abortion and pregnancy concerns
- Physical, emotional and psychological abuse
- Relationship issues and family concerns
- Anger management
- Anxiety and panic
- Depression including PND (Postnatal Depression)
- Loss and bereavement
- Physical health concerns
- Redundancy and career concerns including returning to work
- Carer support
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Passive aggressive behaviours
- Self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Student/University issues
- Change and transition difficulties
- Integrative: Person-centred, Psychodynamic and Transpersonal.
- CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- Walk & Talk Therapy